Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Jake's 3rd Birthday

Because Jake LOVES LOVES LOVES garbage, garbage trucks, garbage cans, dumpsters, etc. etc. etc. we decided to do a garbage truck birthday party today. We had a few friends over today to celebrate with us. I made Jake a cake, which he really liked :-) We played a little game - "pick up the trash on the back lawn", which actually went over really well with the kids. Jake had a great time and is now sacked out for the afternoon!

"Don't screw this up"

My first attempt at a carved birthday cake ... 

Jake liked it

I was a little worried about his possible reaction to cutting it, but he was just happy to eat some cake.

Playing "clamp the garbage"

Who knew $3 grabbers would be such fun!

Our sweet birthday boy. We love you Jake!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara!

Great job on the cake! I haven't been brave enough to try anything like that. What sweet pics :) Got here though Facebook, now following your blog!

Heather
heatherluke.blogspot.com